Explore the Cotswolds Car-Free
The Cotswolds Discoverer One Day Pass is the perfect and hassle-free way to travel around and explore some of the most scenic parts of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty by bus and by train.
With this flexible one-day pass*, you can visit a wide range of attractions, towns and villages including gardens, historic buildings, picture-postcard villages and have plenty of opportunities to explore one of the finest landscapes in England.
As well as enjoying a great day out you can also save money on your travel costs. Plus, by leaving the car behind you will also be helping to look after our precious environment.
*not valid on rail services before 08.50, Mondays to Fridays.
Where to buy the Cotswolds Discoverer
- At any mainline train station throughout the UK. Can be bought up to 3 months in advance of travel. (credit cards accepted)
- On participating Johnson’s Excelbus and Stagecoach bus services in the Cotswolds (tickets can only be purchased on buses on the day of travel) (cash only). Please contact Johnson’s and Stagecoach directly to find out which routes the Discoverer Pass may be used on.
– there are limited bus services on Sundays and Public Holidays. Services may be reduced or cancelled and timetables are also subject to change at short notice. Please always check details of times of journeys with individual operators before making your final travel arrangements.
– From April 2020, Pulhams and Swanbrook are no longer able to participate in the Cotswolds Discoverer Pass scheme.
Adult 1-day £10.50
Railcard* 1-day £6.90
Child 1-day £5.25
* available with a valid 16-25, Senior, Two Together, HM Forces or Disabled Persons Railcard
How to use the Cotswolds Discoverer
The pass may be used on the following rail routes only:
- GWR trains between Oxford and Moreton-in-Marsh
- GWR trains between Swindon and Ashchurch for Tewkesbury
- GWR trains between Gloucester and Yate
- Transport for Wales & Cross Country trains between Gloucester and Ashchurch for Tewkesbury.
*Rail travel not valid before 08.50 Mondays to Fridays
For further details of rail services, visit www.gwr.com
Need more information to help plan your visit?
The following destination website for the Cotswolds provide great ideas for places to stay, eat and visit, plus details of special offers, events and lots more: www.cotswolds.com