Explore the Cotswolds car-free
The Cotswolds Discoverer One Day Pass is a great way to travel around and explore some of the most scenic parts of the Cotswolds National Landscape by bus and train.
With this flexible one-day pass*, you can travel to a range of towns and villages and explore gardens, historic buildings, picture-postcard villages, and other attractions while you’re there! And as you travel along, you’ll have a window-view of one of the finest landscapes in England.
The Discoverer pass offers an opportunity to help the environment by leaving he car behind, and a chance to save a little money by using a combined ticket.
*not valid on rail services before 08.50, Mondays to Fridays.
Where to buy the Cotswolds Discoverer
- At any mainline train station throughout the UK. Can be bought up to 3 months in advance of travel. (credit cards accepted)
Visit https://tickets.gwr.com/gw/en/journeyplanning/roversandrangers and select “Thames Valley” as the geographical area.
- On participating Johnson’s Excelbus and Stagecoach bus services in the Cotswolds (tickets can only be purchased on buses on the day of travel and are cash only).
Please contact Johnson’s and Stagecoach directly to find out which routes the Discoverer Pass may be used on. Please note:
– there are limited bus services on Sundays and Public Holidays. Services may be reduced or cancelled and all timetables are also subject to change at short notice. Please always check details of times of journeys with individual operators before making your final travel arrangements.
– From April 2020, Pulhams and Swanbrook are no longer able to participate in the Cotswolds Discoverer Pass scheme.
Adult 1-day £10.50
Railcard* 1-day £6.90
Child 1-day £5.25
* available with a valid 16-25, Senior, Two Together, HM Forces or Disabled Persons Railcard
How to use the Cotswolds Discoverer
The pass may be used on the following rail routes only:
- GWR trains between Oxford and Moreton-in-Marsh
- GWR trains between Swindon and Ashchurch for Tewkesbury
- GWR trains between Gloucester and Yate
- Transport for Wales & Cross Country trains between Gloucester and Ashchurch for Tewkesbury.
*Rail travel not valid before 08.50 Mondays to Fridays
For further details of rail services, visit https://www.gwr.com/your-tickets/ways-to-save/combined-train-and-bus-tickets
Need more information to help plan your visit?
The following destination website for the Cotswolds provide great ideas for places to stay, eat and visit, plus details of special offers, events and lots more: www.cotswolds.com