|June 10, 2021 10:00 am - June 11, 2021 4:00 pm||Hawkwood College, Stroud, GL6 7QW||£110.00|
|July 17, 2021 10:00 am - July 18, 2021 4:00 pm||Hawkwood College, Stroud, GL6 7QW||£110.00|
|August 21, 2021 10:00 am - August 22, 2021 4:00 pm||Hawkwood College, Stroud, GL6 7QW||£110.00|
|September 11, 2021 10:00 am - September 12, 2021 4:00 pm||Hawkwood College, Stroud, GL6 7QW||£110.00|
From gargoyles guarding cathedral roofs, to ornate garden sculptures, the art of stone carving has been around for centuries. On this course you will experience the satisfaction of engaging in the creative process by learning how to work with stone. You will learn the basic techniques of stone carving, the tools required, and how you use them. By the end of the two days you can expect to have completed a simple sculpture, whether it be a face, your favourite animal, or something practical like a bowl.
- Perfect for beginners, no experience necessary
- 2 day course
- £110 per person
- Suitable for people aged 16 and over
- The course is taught outside so please bring weather-appropriate clothing: warm clothing / layers, waterproofs, gloves, sturdy shoes/boots, hat, and sun cream.
- You will also need to bring a packed lunch and drinks.
- All other tools and equipment will be provided.
- Portaloos will be provided where toilet facilities are not available, with details provided in course joining instructions.
- Parking will be available with further details provided in the joining instructions.