|August 19, 2021 10:00 am - 4:00 pm||£135.00 |
1 places left!
|September 9, 2021 10:00 am - 4:00 pm||£135.00|
|September 16, 2021 10:00 am - 4:00 pm||£135.00|
|October 7, 2021 10:00 am - 4:00 pm||£135.00|
Lantra Brushcutter/Strimmers (accredited)
This one day course is designed for anybody with some experience of using brushcutters and/or strimmers, or who has previously gained their Lantra certificate and would like to refresh their skills. It is ideal for employees or volunteers in the fields of agriculture, horticulture, landscaping, and grounds maintenance. This course is physically demanding so you must be fit, and able to carry out the tasks required in the course programme.
During the course, you will learn:
- Safe working practice, including warning signs and guards
- Correct protective clothing to wear and the standards required
- How to perform routine maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook
- Identify faults and defects on a brushcutter/strimmer and decide which the operator can easily remedy, and which should be referred to a specialist
- Identify which cutting head to select for the relevant operating conditions
- Carry out fuel mixing correctly and be able to start the brushcutter/strimmer in a safe manner from both a hot and a cold condition
- Operate the brushcutter/strimmer in a safe manner having regard for the safety of yourself, the public, property, and environmental factors
- Plan systematic working operations
- Use the manufacturer’s instruction book and parts list.
- Perfect for those with some experience of using brushcutters/strimmers. Or those wishing to refresh their existing Lantra certificate
- 1 day course
- £135 per person
- Suitable for people aged 16 and over
- Please bring 2x passport photos. All machines, tools and personal protective equipment (except footwear; steel toe-capped boots recommended) will be provided. Please note, if you have your own machine and would like to use this to train on then you are welcome to do so. The brushcutter/strimmer must be in safe working order prior to the course.
- Once you have successfully carried out this course you will receive a Lantra accredited certificate of training for brushcutters/strimmers.
- The course is taught outside so please bring weather-appropriate clothing: warm clothing / layers, waterproofs, gloves, sturdy shoes/boots, hat, and sun cream.
- You will also need to bring a packed lunch and drinks.
- All other tools and equipment will be provided.
- Portaloos will be provided where toilet facilities are not available, with details provided in course joining instructions.
- Parking will be available with further details provided in the joining instructions.