|June 12, 2021 10:00 am - 4:00 pm||Voltaire's Wood, Nailsworth, GL6 9AL||£55.00|
|July 10, 2021 10:00 am - 4:00 pm||Voltaire's Wood, Nailsworth, GL6 9AL||£55.00|
|August 7, 2021 10:00 am - 4:00 pm||Voltaire's Wood, Nailsworth, GL6 9AL||£55.00|
|September 11, 2021 10:00 am - 4:00 pm||Voltaire's Wood, Nailsworth, GL6 9AL||£55.00|
If you go down to the woods today…. you’ll learn all sorts about the plants and trees that grow there, and the animals, birds and insects that live there! During this course, you’ll spend the day in carefully chosen woodland which has a rich diversity of wildlife. Depending on the season, you will look for woodland plants such as ramsons and English bluebells, or fungi. You’ll be amongst a variety of trees, and explore a range of key identifying features, including leaves, buds, twigs, bark and flowers/fruits/seeds.
Or, you may find yourself identifying badger setts, spotting deer, or listening out for birdsong associated with woodland species, including treecreepers and nuthatches. Birds can be identified by anatomy, plumage, migration, behaviour, habitats, songs and calls. There will be plenty to discuss depending on what’s around on the day you are in the woods.
You’ll have your eyes and ears open for wildlife all day, but the day will also consider how organisms interact more widely as an ecosystem in themselves. Humans aren’t just observers: they also play their part. Find out how!
- Perfect for beginners, no experience needed.
- 1 day course.
- £55 per person.
- Suitable for people aged 16 and over
- The course is taught outside so please bring weather-appropriate clothing: warm clothing / layers, waterproofs, gloves, sturdy shoes/boots, hat, and sun cream.
- You will also need to bring a packed lunch and drinks.
- All other equipment will be provided.
- Portaloos will be provided where toilet facilities are not available, with details provided in course joining instructions.
- Parking will be available with further details provided in the joining instructions.