Foraging and wild foods
Discover a range of seasonal wild foods, whilst exploring the beautiful Cotswolds countryside. This is a fantastic opportunity to see what forageable delights await when you venture outdoors.
You will spend around four hours exploring, and looking for an interesting array of wild edibles, as well as discussing some of the many other features of this fascinating area. Whilst you walk, you’ll learn about some key principles of foraging, plus matters of safety, and a little about the laws regarding harvesting wild food.
This is primarily a learning event, so please do not expect to take a huge amount of items away with you, however there will be plenty of opportunities to discuss the plants you see, including how they can be used, plus a chance to talk about any further information required regarding suitable books, tools and equipment.
- Perfect for beginners, no experience needed.
- ½ day course
- £55 per person.
- Suitable for people aged 16 and over
- The course is taught outside so please bring weather-appropriate clothing: warm clothing / layers, waterproofs, gloves, sturdy shoes/boots, hat, and sun cream.
- You will also need to bring a packed lunch and drinks.
- All other equipment will be provided.
- Portaloos will be provided where toilet facilities are not available, with details provided in course joining instructions.
- Parking will be available with further details provided in the joining instructions.