Green woodworking: spoon carving
Spoon carving is a fantastic way to learn the basics of green wood carving. By the end of the day you will have made your own spoon to use and show off to your friends. This is a wonderful way to get back to nature and learn a skill that has been passed down through generations of wood workers. The day starts with a single fresh log. You will cleave it down, use an axe to create the shape, and then use various knives to smooth and perfect your spoon. There is plenty of opportunity to tap into your imagination and put your own personal design onto the spoon.
- Perfect for beginners, no experience necessary
- 1 day course
- £110 per person
- Suitable for people aged 16 and over
- The course is taught outside so please bring weather-appropriate clothing: warm clothing / layers, waterproofs, gloves, sturdy shoes/boots, hat, and sun cream.
- You will also need to bring a packed lunch and drinks.
- All other tools and equipment will be provided.
- Portaloos will be provided where toilet facilities are not available, with details provided in course joining instructions.
- Parking will be available with further details provided in the joining instructions.