|October 7, 2021 10:00 am - October 8, 2021 4:00 pm||Stanway Stone, Cutsdean, GL54 5BU||£110.00|
|October 23, 2021 10:00 am - October 24, 2021 4:00 pm||Smiths Bletchington Burford Quarry, OX18 4EX||£110.00|
|November 20, 2021 10:00 am - November 21, 2021 4:00 pm||Smiths Bletchington Burford Quarry, OX18 4EX||£110.00|
Dry stone walling
We pride ourselves on the fact that on our walling courses, you will be making a dry stone wall in the Cotswolds National Landscape which is built to last! This is not a course during which you will simply take down and rebuild the same piece of wall over and over again – on our courses, you will be building a wall that will remain part of the Cotswolds landscape for the next 100-200 years. On the course you can expect to spend two days surrounded by the beautiful Cotswolds landscape, learning about: dismantling walls, stone sorting, laying foundations, building up of the wall, adding through stones and coping stones, dressing the stone, different types of stone, the necessary tools and how to use them, and much more!
- Perfect for beginners, no experience necessary
- 2 day course
- £110 per person
- Suitable for people aged 16 and over
- The course is taught outside so please bring weather-appropriate clothing: warm clothing / layers, waterproofs, gloves, sturdy shoes/boots, hat, and sun cream.
- You will also need to bring a packed lunch and drinks.
- All other tools and equipment will be provided.
- Portaloos will be provided where toilet facilities are not available, with details provided in course joining instructions.
- Parking will be available with further details provided in the joining instructions.