Call of the wild
Answer the call of the wild and venture on a journey into the woods to enjoy everything this fantastic natural playground has to offer. This experience involves gathering wood for a fire, wielding an axe to split logs, charcoal burning, and cooking an outdoors meal in a stunning Cotswold wood that was once part of the estate of Henry VIII.
A woodland can be a vibrant working human environment, as well as providing a special habitat for wildlife. In between activities, you’ll see first-hand how wildlife benefits from traditional rural skills. We supply a good selection of tools so that you can have a go yourself and release the inner woodsman or woman in you!
Whilst the wildwood that once covered ancient Britain has gone, the traditions, folklore and the call of the wild is still very much alive. During your time in the woods, we will reflect on how the historical use of woodlands, as places of shelter, sanctuary, and as a source of raw materials has influenced and defined what we now see.
This will be an opportunity for you to connect with nature and spend quality time with family or friends taking part in an unforgettable experience.
- Perfect for beginners, no experience necessary
- 4 hour experience
- £50.00 per person
- Suitable for people aged 16 and over
- The experience is held outside so please bring weather-appropriate clothing: warm clothing / layers, waterproofs, gloves, sturdy shoes/boots, hat, and sun cream
- Lunch included (there are meat and veg/ vegan options available).
- All other tools and equipment will be provided
- Portaloos will be provided where toilet facilities are not available, with details provided in course joining instructions
- Parking will be available with further details and directions provided in the joining instructions