|July 1, 2021 10:00 am - July 2, 2021 4:00 pm||Hill Farm Barn, Leckhampton Hill, GL53 9QL||£270.00|
|September 2, 2021 10:00 am - September 3, 2021 4:00 pm||Hill Farm Barn, Leckhampton Hill, GL53 9QL||£270.00|
Building with lime mortar
Explore working with one of the most important materials in the history of building, and how it can easily be used on your own building. This hands-on course is for people who want to grasp some of the basic skills of working with lime mortar. While working to repair the inside and outside of a traditional Cotswold barn, you will learn about lime putty, hydraulic lime, sands, the use of horse hair, mixes and recipes for different applications. You’ll gain hands-on experience of plastering (onto stone and laths), rendering, and stone repairs. You’ll also look at mixing and applying limewash, and mixing colours.
One of the important objectives of the course is to repair the fabric of a building, so that your work will be available for subsequent courses to learn from. The course is aimed at home owners and beginners, and the instructor will pass on many tips and tricks as well as established techniques.
- Perfect for beginners, no experience necessary
- 2 day course
- £270 per person
- Suitable for people aged 16 and over
- Lime can stain, so please wear clothes and footwear you won’t mind getting dirty.
- The course is taught outside so please bring weather-appropriate clothing: warm clothing / layers, waterproofs, gloves, sturdy shoes/boots, hat, and sun cream.
- You will also need to bring a packed lunch and drinks.
- All other tools and equipment will be provided.
- Portaloos will be provided where toilet facilities are not available, with details provided in course joining instructions.
- Parking will be available with further details provided in the joining instructions.