Caring for the Cotswolds, the visitor giving scheme for the Cotswolds AONB is again accepting applications for projects. The scheme distributes funds raised by local companies for environmental and heritage projects. Based around the concept of visitors acknowledging their appreciation for the Cotswolds by contributing something towards the conservation of the wonderful place they have come to see and enjoy. All grants will support at least one of the scheme’s primary objectives;
- Conserve and enhance the natural beauty of the landscape
- Manage and restore habitats for wildlife
- Manage and improve footpaths and bridleways
- Look after the area’s distinctive historical heritage
- Provide countryside access information and/or improve the public’s understanding of the things that make the Cotswolds special.
Examples of projects funded to date can be seen here https://www.cotswoldsaonb.org.uk/looking-after/caring-for-the-cotswolds/projects-supported/
Details of the scheme and downloadable guidance and application forms can be found here; www.cotswoldsaonb.org.uk/caring/apply-for-funding
The deadline for applications is 5th April 2019.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of May 2019.
Potential applicants can discuss possible projects with Edward Bonn, Grants Officer E-mail Edward.Bonn@cotswoldsaonb.org.uk tel: 01451 862032