The Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is one of the most beautiful and cherished landscapes in the country. It is an area rich in natural and cultural heritage, with open skies, rolling grasslands, ancient woodlands and picturesque villages – an outstanding English landscape, once experienced, never forgotten.
What is visitor giving?
Visitor giving is the process of asking visitors to voluntarily support conservation by donating a very small amount of money via their bill or fees.
We know our beautiful area attracts millions of visitors each year; however these large numbers can impact on the environment on which our tourism industry relies so heavily. Money raised by tourism businesses will go towards a range of important landscape and environmental projects across the Cotswolds to help conserve our natural beauty and ensure it can be enjoyed by future generations.
About the scheme
Businesses participating in the scheme will help to raise money which will be used to support a range of environmental and landscape projects across the Cotswolds. These projects are delivered by the many committed organisations who are working hard to look after the things that make the Cotswolds special. These projects will:
- Conserve and enhance the natural beauty of the landscape
- Manage and restore habitats for wildlife.
- Manage and improve footpaths and bridleways.
- Look after the area’s distinctive historical heritage.
Click here to view current projects.
Benefits for businesses
- Maintaining a competitive edge through providing an improved offer to customers.
- Promoting a good reputation through evidence of delivering corporate responsibility.
- Securing environmental and green credentials amongst customers and peers.
- Receiving a regular supply of good news stories and materials for use in publicity and public relations.
- Developing a strong feel good factor amongst staff about supporting the conservation of the local environment.
Benefits for visitors
- Engagement in the conservation of the area you enjoy.
- Help to improve the quality of the environment and visitor experience.
- Support local projects and the local economy.
- See what a positive difference Visitor Giving can make.
- Feel good about supporting a nationally important landscape.
How do I get involved?
The Cotswolds Conservation Board will help and support businesses in joining the scheme. This will include provision of materials to inform customers about the exciting projects they are supporting. Please contact Simon for further details and start making a difference today:
Simon Smith, Project Development Officer
Cotswolds Conservation Board, Fosse Way, Northleach, Gloucestershire GL54 3JH
Tel: 01451 862031 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Cotswolds Visitor Giving leaflet.