The England Woodland Grant Scheme
The Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty contains one of four Ancient Woodland Priority Areas established in the South West by the Forestry Commission. The English Woodland Grant Scheme provides landowners with help in meeting the costs of managing existing woodlands and creating new ones. Within these priority areas enhanced grant rates are available.
Forestry Commission English Woodland Grants Scheme (EWGS)
The English Woodland Grants Scheme (EWGS) is the Forestry Commission's suite of grants designed to develop the co-ordinated delivery of public benefits from England's woodlands. The scheme is now open to applications for payment year 2013-14. Closing dates for all regional grants can be found on the Regional Prospectuses page. See www.forestry.gov.uk/ewgs.
Grants available for existing woodlands:
- Woodland Planning Grant (WPG)
- Woodland Assessment Grant (WAG)
- Woodland Regeneration Grant (WRG)
- Woodland Improvement Grant (WIG)
- Woodfuel Woodland Improvement Grant (Woodfuel WIG)
- Woodland Management Grant (WMG)
Grants for creation of new woodlands:
- Woodland Creation Grant (WCG)