Job Vacancy: Community Events & Research Apprentice
Closing date: 20 May 2016, Weekly wage: £122.47
We are looking to recruit an apprentice to focus on helping to deliver the Cotswolds@50 project celebrating the anniversary of the designation of the Cotswolds as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
The role will include working with communities, interest groups and stakeholders across the Cotswolds to understand landscape change and the forces for future change.
List of Main Duties:
- Support the project by undertaking research of images of the Cotswolds taken over the last 50 years. The research will involve contacting archive and records offices and conducting public appeals and events.
- Help in the search for images from the community by engaging with parish councils, local interest groups and visitors.
- Co-ordinate, promote and attend a series of community roadshows across the Cotswolds to highlight landscape change, and run informal community events to encourage participation in the project.
- Collate and manage images in to a digital library. Use the library to select a range of relevant images, and possibly take or commission a selection of modern day comparative photographs to demonstrate landscape change.
- Engage local communities across the Cotswolds in the project by developing a community database and producing information and guidance.
- Use a range of social media (eg: facebook, twitter, pinterest, Instagram) to promote and publish the project, its content and outcomes.
- Maintain and update information about the project and the photographic records collated on the Board’s website
- Assist researchers at the Countryside & Community Research Institute (CCRI) of the University of Gloucestershire in their development of future landscape change scenarios.
- Support the work of key experts and decision makers to develop a long term vision for the Cotswold landscape and a corresponding set of landscape objectives and policies.
Click here to see the rest of our current vacancies.