Job Vacancy: Cafe & Retail Manager
To manage the Cotswold Lion Cafe at the Discovery Centre, Northleach
£23,002 – £27,333, 37 hours a week
After a very successful two years of operating the Cotswold Lion Café we are looking to appoint a full time Café & Retail Manager to help build upon that success.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in the heart of the Cotswolds where the Conservation Board’s café and shop is the core welcome to our Cotswolds Discovery Centre, which encourages a greater understanding, appreciation and active enjoyment of the area.
This is a real hands on role. We are looking for someone who will be a working member of a small team preparing light snacks, sandwiches and homemade cakes to a high standard. The role involves serving food and beverages to the public and developing a retail area so a smart appearance at all times is essential.
You will work closely with the Communications Officer and Visitor, Interpretation & Events Officer. Your team will also work closely with visitor centre volunteers and the local community to provide good food, good service and a great welcome.
Our location means we have significant peaks and troughs in trading through the week and the seasons. You will lead a small team of casual staff to provide the service, including operating on your own at the quietest times.
You will work 37 hours a week with regular weekend, bank holiday and occasional evening shifts and attendance at meetings and training days as required. You will need to be flexible and be able to cover holidays and extra hours at busy periods. You may be required to carry out other duties, commensurate with your level of responsibility and may need to travel occasionally to do so.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Recruit and manage a team of catering, retail and serving staff, ensuring adequate staffing, supervision and access control at all times.
- Ensure the day to day operation is performed so as to be statutorily compliant with specific focus on, but not limited to: Fire, Security, Health & Safety, COSHH Food Safety, Liquor Licensing, personnel practices and other appropriate legislation as may affect the scope of the cafe’s operation; as well as in accordance with the Board’s policies and procedures.
- Maximise income and profitability of the trading operations, promoting positive selling, effective cost
control revenue management and administration while ensuring this is both statutorily compliant and in line with the policies and procedures of the Board.
- Provide a high standard of visitor and customer service at all times commensurate with the objectives of the Board and good visitor attraction and hospitality industry practice.
- Measurable success criteria.
o Achieving operational and budget targets
o Achieving sales development targets
o Improving year on year sales
Click here to see the Job Description, and to complete the Application Form please click here. Guidance information on how to complete the application can be found here. For more information and any questions about this role please email Chris Brant, Communications Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 10.00am 20 May 2016 and interviews are scheduled for 25 May 2016, with the post commencing as soon as possible thereafter.
Click here to see the rest of our current vacancies.