Cotswold Voluntary Wardens
The Cotswold Voluntary Wardens were established in 1968 and have continued to grow into the 350 strong membership of today. Anyone can join, all you need is enthusiasm for the Cotswolds and a willingness to offer your time and skills to help keep the Cotswolds special.
The Cotswold Wardens form part of the wider Cotswolds Conservation Board and the volunteer opportunities are variable,there is something for everyone, from walling to walks and talks to tree planting.
Would you like to try out one of these activities?
- Working Parties - help conserve and enhance the AONB, taking part in a range of projects from drystone walling, hedge laying, and tree planting to installing kissing gates and pond restoration.
- Parish wardening - Work with parish councils, farmers and local residents to help keep footpaths open and identify local features in need of restoration.
- Guided Walks - Lead a guided walk, promoting the Cotswolds AONB to a wider audience.
- Education - Help with school assemblies and days out exploring the Cotswolds
- Shows and talks -Promote the value of the Cotswolds.
In return for your comitemnt, we offer support, training, equipment, travel expenses and a sense of achievement.
If you are interetsed in joining then please complete the application form which can be downloaded here or if you wish to find out more then email email@example.com or telephone 01451 862000.