Assistant Cafe Manager (3/4 days per week)
Cotswold Lion Cafe at the Cotswolds Discovery Centre in Northleach
Salary: Pay Rate is £8.50 P/H
- A catering kitchen background with at least 2 years’ previous experience in a busy establishment.
- You can adapt your cooking skills to trade volumes and simple guest requests.
- Prepared to work weekends, bank holidays and occasional evenings.
- It would be advantageous for you to have up to date food hygiene qualifications and an eye for detail and organisation.
Our menu is simple, but as a seasonal business the small kitchen and service area can get very busy during the holidays and weekends so a calm approach and temperament is required.
In their absence, you will be deputising for the manager and will be responsible for:
- Cash management
- Staff supervision
- Opening and closing the business
- As well as the everyday duties of cooking and ensuring good hygiene standards, and Yes there is some washing up involved too!
Along with the Cafe & Retail Manager you will be responsible for reducing wastage and ensure costs are controlled, as well as delivering consistent food quality.
A smart clean appearance is essential and good communication skills are important too. We also have a small shop area which just needs care and attention to keep it looking good for guests visiting our centre.
This is not a big part of your role, and you may not have any experience in retail but this could be a great opportunity to learn new aspects of good business practice.
You won’t work every weekend as fair rotas and time off are considered essential. Due to the business demands, days are not fixed but a fair working rota is agreed with the manager to ensure suitable cover and support to the business. Standard hours are approx. 8.30am till 5.45pm, with some later hours if we are busy.
Please email your CV with a covering letter to Chris Brant in the first instance, explaining why you would like to be considered email@example.com
Click here to see the rest of our current vacancies.